Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A nice ride from Pill to Wooton and back

I don't often ride out north to South Gloucester but I've done a couple of Audaxes over that way recently and find it a nice change from North Somerset and the lanes south of Bristol. Also, I was riding with one of my friends from work and as he lives in North-East Bristol, it gave me an excuse to plan a ride over that way.

I rode over to pick Andy up and we headed out on the cycle tracks around the ring-road towards Frampton Cotterell, then on to Aust, up to Alveston, Thornbury and then west to Wooton-under-edge. We had lunch at The Edge cafe on Wooton high street before heading back via Hawksbury common. A nice 45 miles for Andy and a 70 mile ride for me,, just the thing to open up the legs before Saturdays Exmouth Exodus.

Got home to find Bradley Wiggins had won gold and Chris Froome silver in the Olympic time trial, sweet.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment