Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Evil Plan

So, having completed both a 300 and a 400 this year, my mind started to drift towards a goal for 2013. Now the obvious next step is a 600 and possibly a Super Randoneur award (complete a 200, 300, 400 and 600 in the same season) and this was the idea floating around inside my head for most of the summer. Do the Brian Chapman Memorial in Wales as my 600 plus all the rides I did in 2012, job done. That was until I read that it's London Edinburgh London this year. Now, this changes everything, a seed was planted and over the next few months a plan was hatched, books procured and read and last week a decision was taken. I am going to attempt London Edinburgh London. This will be the biggest thing I have ever attempted (never mind cycling, this will be The biggest thing in any area of my life) but my saving graces are (a) I'm pretty resilient/bloody minded (b) cycling is the only thing I'm actually any good at so if I can't do this... (c) other, lesser mortals, have managed. After all, how hard can 1400k actually be?

Anyway, I'm going to do it, I have a plan and you can follow my progress by clicking on the LEL tab above which will take you to a page dedicated to this pursuit. I've even got an online training log and tracker you can look and follow my progress.

Wish me luck and watch this space...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment