Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Shoes Part Deux!

As promised, an update on the Stelvio 707's I purchased earlier in the week. Wore them for the first time this morning as I took my Ridgeback Solo Fixed on a 50 mile ride down to the North Somerset Coast and back and I have to say I am very impressed. Needed to play around with the cleat positions a little during the ride to Clevedon (around 12 miles) but otherwise they where extremely comfortable. The first 30 miles where reasonably flat with the only hills being short out of the saddle affairs and I didn't really notice i had the shoes on. The last 20 miles included a couple of longish climbs and i didn't notice any flex in either the sole or the shoe, no pinching or rubbing and the laces stayed nice and tight the whole trip. I am doing the Gospel Pass Audax in a couple of weeks so will let you know how they are after a proper all day ride but so far, so good.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment